TurningPoint has been working in 18 districts of Bangladesh directly and through partnership with DPOs and grassroots organizations through capacity development and human rights projects. Most of the activities of TurningPoint are initiated targeting rural and most needed areas of the country and provide support to the marginalized people and their groups, where there are no other similar interventions. Also, some activities are executed both in the local and national level. These activities are implemented both directly and on partnership basis.
– Capacity development of grassroots organizations on organizational development, project cycle management, administration, human resource, financial management, Human Rights, Gender and other related issues to attain their independence and sustainability.
– Advocacy to promote Human rights, Gender, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion addressing social norms and drawbacks to create amiable environment for balance social interaction and participation for both men and women.
– Promoting Inclusive Education for the children with disabilities, especially with neuro-developmental disabilities i.e. autistic, down syndrome, cerebral palsy and intellectual disability.
– Provide consultancies on disability and gender inclusion, surveys, capacity building and inclusive program design as well as Final Evaluation and Social Research on contemporary issues.
– Support to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Disabled Peoples Organizations (DPOs), Independent Living Centers (ILCs) and other institutions
– Poverty Reduction and Socio-economic development of persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities and other marginalized groups.
– Promote Men-women relationship, gender equity and women empowerment to emerge them to be self dependent and empowered entity.
– Promoting Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of persons with disabilities and other marginalized people.
– Advocacy and networking from national to local level with policy makers, government and non-government organizations and other stakeholders.
– Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
– Collaborative-partnership efforts with development cooperation agencies, social, global contemporary emerging issues.